Modern fly screen mesh and frames will resist corrosion under any reasonable conditions. They will also resist almost all stains. But they will require some cleaning, with sticky residue or some other substance occasionally presenting a problem.
- Surfaces can be vacuumed with a soft brush attachment.
- Wipe with a damp sponge
- Use a mild detergent (pH neutral) and warm water to wipe done the surface. Using a soft brush (non-abrasive) is okay.
- Rinse off thoroughly with clean water.
Avoid solvents on powder coated metal as they are likely to cause discolouration. Isopropyl alcohol will usually not cause any problems for cleaning powder coatings. Citrus cleaners (i.e.: De-Solve-It) are sometimes useable, but all cleaning products need to be thoroughly rinsed off the powdered surface.
- The door frame surface can be vacuumed with a soft vacuum attachment.
- Wipe the door clean with mild dish soap and warm water.
- A microfibre cloth is useful for cleaning metal.
- Difficult grease can be removes with white spirit on a cloth.
- Rinse the door with fresh water once the other cleaning is finished.
Fly Screen Doors
Security doors provide protection from both intruders and insects. They require little maintenance, and will last for decades.