Fly screens on windows and flyscreen doors have been an essential part of most Australian homes for generations. They are a simple yet effective way to deal with the combination of insects and hot weather. Modern window flyscreens work on the same effective principle as old-style screens, but their advanced design and materials mean they last longer and easily retract into a storage unit when not in use. Modern security doors have replaced older flyscreen doors, providing long-lasting security for modern homes.
- Keeping our insects – The whole reason these screens were first designed. They work for flying insects such as flies and mosquitoes as well as ants and spiders.
- Adding additional security – The strong screens are a major deterrent to intruders. A decent security door is comparable to a solid door, often with a better lock. And it will still allow air circulation in hot weather.
- Keep children safe – Security doors can keep children inside while avoiding the ‘locked in the fortress’ feel of closed solid doors. Children can see the outside world through the security door, but still not venture outside without adult help.
- Sense of space – Windows, mirrors, and flyscreens help a room and house feel open and more spacious.
- You don’t lose the view.
- Privacy and Screening – The mesh on security doors allows people inside to look outdoors without hindrance, but people outside cannot see in unless they are close enough to see themselves. It is hard to for somebody outside to spy from a distance.
- Style – There are so many styles of screen doors available that there are always several great options to choose from.
- Save energy for cooling– Because they allow air to circulate the security doors will keep a house cooler without having to resort to air conditioning, at least in some weather situations. They will also block some direct sunlight that might otherwise contribute to heating up the house.
- Save energy on lighting. Flyscreen doors allow a moderate amount of natural light in, so most of the time you don’t have to use the electrical lights.
- No environmental impact – you don’t have to use chemicals to get rid of insects. The screen is a barrier that prevents them from getting in.
Retractable flyscreens are easily stored in a cartridge above the window when not in use.
Security doors provide protection from intruders and insects. Modern security doors last for decades and there is always a style of door that suits you home.